Genshin Impact has now been out for just under two months, and is finally on the cusp of its first major content update, Version 1.1. Now that Travelers have had time to acquaint themselves with the game\’s map, they may have also started to take note of its myriad valuable foraging grounds, many of which are crucial to completing important quests and Weekly Commissions.
Teyvat, the main continent featured in Genshin Impact, is divided into many territories and cities, but presently, players basically have access to two major regions: Mondstadt and Liyue. Each of these regions hosts 8 distinct natural ingredients, known as Local Specialties, all of which can be collected to fulfill certain Weekly Commissions and story-related tasks.
Mondstadt, the game\’s starting point, is inspired by real-world Germany. Its main grounds are a small walled city, though it expands eastwards up to Starsnatch Cliff and northwards to Stormbearer Point. The region is associated with the Anemo Vision, which is Genshin Impact\’s version of wind magic, and is also the birthplace of characters like Jean and the explosive Klee. Whenever Travelers are tasked with collecting a Mondstadt Local Specialty, they will have to search for any of eight unique ingredients, all found in the wilderness of Mondstadt.
The eight materials that technically qualify as a Mondstadt Local Specialty are as follows:
- Calla Lily (flowers near lakes, Springvale)
- Cecilia (flowers in grass, Starsnatch Cliff)
- Dandelion Seed (glowing flowers in grass, must hit with Anemo Elemental DMG, Mondstadt gates)
- Philanemo Mushroom* (walls and roofs of houses, especially Springvale)
- Small Lamp Grass (glowing flowers in grass at night, Wolvendom)
- Valberry* (in bushes near Stormbearer Mountains)
- Windwheel Aster (under trees in wild, especially near Windrise)
- Wolfhook* (in bushes and under trees, Wolvendom, especially around Andrius Weekly Boss\’ location)
Genshin Impact is available now on the App Store, Google Play, PC, and PS4, and is currently in development for the Switch and PS5.