In Genshin Impact, players will be able to choose between a roster of 24 unique characters, each using a different type of weapon and one of seven elemental magics. While nearly all of these characters are viable to use in the game, some are outright better than others, and that\’s the case with Diluc, the Dark Side of Dawn.

Despite offering a total of 24 characters, most players won\’t get a chance to use many of them. This is because Genshin Impact is a gacha game, and as such it locks its best characters behind these gacha mechanics. Players wanting to use characters like Diluc or Venti will need to either invest a lot of time or money to do so.

Continue scrolling to keep reading
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.

Start now

Unfortunately, there\’s no surefire way to get Diluc in Genshin Impact, as even throwing money at the game doesn\’t guarantee that he\’ll be summoned. Instead, players should keep these things in mind to help maximize their chances of getting him if that is their goal.

Diluc cannot be obtained from the story, and there are currently no events that give him as a reward. With that in mind, the only way players can get Diluc is to make wishes using Acquaint Fates or Intertwined Fates. The various banners all have different reward rates, but in general the chance of getting a 5-star character in Genshin Impact is always the same, resting at a measly 0.6% chance. In order to get Diluc specifically, players need to qualify for this 0.6% chance and then get lucky enough to pull him rather than another 5-star reward available in the banner.

This 0.6% chance is only available on the Ballad of Goblets banner that features Venti, as the other banner with 5-star characters, Wanderlust Invocation, is more likely to drop 5-star weapons than 5-star characters. Players wanting to maximize their chances of getting Diluc need to wish on the Ballad of Goblets banner and hope they get lucky enough to land the 0.6% chance. If that does happen, there\’s about a 10% chance that the player will get Diluc, and a 90% chance it will be some other 5-star character instead.

On the bright side, this banner is currently the only way to get Venti, another character consistently rated as one of the best in the game. What\’s more, extremely unlucky players are guaranteed a 5-star character if they make 90 wishes on the Ballad of Goblets banner without wishing anywhere else. This still doesn\’t guarantee Diluc, but it does give players a decent shot at getting him.

Genshin Impact is available now on Mobile, PC, and PS4, and later on Switch.