Genshin Impact has been a bang in the gaming community since its launch and had an overwhelming response by claiming the second spot on the overall top-grossing game rankings. All the success credit goes to the developers who made such an exciting game with so many amazing features. The game lives up to its promises delivering a content-rich open-world exploration game with players appreciating the depth and liveliness of the gameplay. The players love spending their time just exploring the depths of the Genshin Impact vast map and a controller comes very handy providing the precision and flexibility to use all the features. In this Genshin Impact guide, we’ll tell you how you can use a controller to play the game on your mobile phone.
Does Genshin Impact have controller support for mobile devices?
Genshin Impact was launched on Mobile (Android, iOS), PC, and Play Station simultaneously. While the developers have added controller support for PC and PS, they haven’t done the same for mobile devices. Genshin Impact officially does not support controller on mobile devices as of yet. But the developers have hinted at adding the feature in future updates.
- Xbox Wireless Controller – Shock Blue
- Elite Series 2 Controller – Black
- DualShock 4 Wireless Controller
Step by Step guide for connecting a controller to play Genshin Impact
- Download the Octopus App from Google Play Store from here.
- After installing the app, launch the app, and connect the controller through it.
- After the successful connection of the controller, launch Genshin Impact through the Octopus app. When the game is launched, you will be able to see two eyes popping out from the top of the screen.
- Click that logo and then on the ‘+‘ button to open up a screen depicting the buttons of the controller.
- After that place your left and right analog pad.
- For mapping keys, you have to click on the ‘+’ sign and then on the key option. Type the button name and place on whatever functions you want each key to the place, whether it is to attack or to run or to use special skills.
- Try mapping the keys in order in which you are acquainted with while using the controller.
- There would still be some features that cannot be mapped on controller keys like switching characters or upgrading weapons. For this, you would be using your touch screen.
- To make the keys disappear from the mobile screen, you can change the opacity settings from the same interface you sed for mapping the game keys.
To get a better understanding of mapping the keys, watch this video guide.
The use of a third app is risky and may lead to the banning of accounts. So, the players are to use Octopus App at their own risk. However, if you fancy playing mobile games with a controller, you can definitely give it a shot!