Genshin Impact players have now had some time to familiarize themselves with the game\’s massive continent, Teyvat, which is currently split up into two main areas: Mondstadt and Liyue. Each of the two regions features valuable native materials that are considered \”Local Specialties,\” which are often required for quests.
Travelers making their way through the Genshin Impact story will eventually find themselves venturing out of Mondstadt, the game\’s starting point, and into the Liyue region. This rocky part of Teyvat is home to the Pyro character and in-game celebrity chef, Xiangling, and boasts its own selection of Local Specialties, which include not only plants, but also precious minerals.
Whereas every Mondstadt region Local Specialty is some sort of plant matter, Liyue breaks the mold by featuring several other natural materials as Local Specialties. Given the region\’s affiliation with the Geo Vision, it\’s no surprise that it features two precious stones as Local Specialties, but players should also be aware that Starconchs, which are found along Liyue shores, also count as a Liyue Local Specialty.
Like Mondstadt, Liyue hosts eight distinct materials that all qualify as \”Local Specialties.\” In Liyue\’s case though, only four of the ingredients are plant life, so players will have to search a bit more thoroughly to find them all. The eight ingredients classified as \”Liyue Local Specialty\” are as follows:
- Cor Lapis (under Liyue cliffs, especially near Mt. Hulao)
- Glaze Lily (flowers in wild, especially near Qingce Village and Liyue Harbor\’s Yujing Terrace)
- Jueyun Chili (red flowers in wild, especially along cliffsides and in Qingce Village)
- Noctilucous Jade (pronounced \”nocti\” + \”lucas\”; under cliffs/in caves in Liyue, especially in Mingyun Village)
- Qingxin (flower found at high altitudes, especially near Jueyun Karst and Guyun Stone Forest)
- Silk Flower (red pom-pom-like flower in wild, especially near Wangshu Inn and Liyue Harbor)
- Starconch (blue seashell near ocean, especially on Guyun Stone Forest shores)
- Violetgrass (voilet flower on Liyue cliffsides – only appears on cliffsides, not grass)
Many of these ingredients are also a bit unexpected, considering the fact that all the Mondstadt Specialties are herbs/flowers, so players should make sure they\’re aware of the full list. If the task at hand is simply gathering 100 Liyue Local Specialties, taking a few shoreside walks for Starconchs would probably be easier than rock climbing for Violetgrass.
Genshin Impact is available now on the App Store, Google Play, PC, and PS4, and is currently in development for Switch.