Genshin Impact is an action-RPG that is extremely easy to get into right now. Not only is it available on several systems, but it is also free to play. Plus, with its fluid combat system and style like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, it is a lot of fun.
Players can collect a variety of different weapon types, as well as characters who can wield them through normal gameplay and through the game’s gacha mechanics. In this case, characters and weapons have different rarities, measured from 1 to 5 stars. The higher the number of stars, the higher the rarity, and the higher max level. Yes, it is a form of gambling, so please be aware of that.
For now, there are only three characters who use bows, but more are on the way. There are currently only two 5-star bows in the game, and they are both excellent, as their base damage is higher than other bows. Both bows are currently only available through Wishes.
- Amos’ Bow – has a passive ability called “Strong-Willed” which increases damage for regular and aimed shots, as well as increasing damage the farther away an enemy is.
- Skyward Harp – has the “Echoing Ballad” passive which increases critical damage and gives a chance for crits to have an area of effect.
There are some very powerful 4-star bows as well. They can be gained through Wishes, by crafting through the blacksmith, or some can be found through Battle Pass.
- Blackcliff Warbow – upon defeating an enemy, the attack is increased by 12% for 30 seconds. It can stack up to three times, and each stack is timed independently. It encourages aggressive play.
- Rust – useful for those who really enjoy using bows up close. It increases normal attack damage by 40%, but decreases aimed shot damage by 10%, which means generally players will be firing at point-blank range.
- The Stringless – increases elemental skill and elemental burst damage by 24%. This is a really nice bow to use on enemies weak to a particular element.
- Viridescent Hunt – upon hitting an enemy, normal and aimed shots have a 50% chance to generate a cyclone once every 14 seconds. A great tactic here is to group the enemies together with the cyclone and then hit them with an AoE attack from another character.
There are other good 4-star bows, and even some 3-stars can work well against most enemies encountered in the game, but for high-level fights, these are some of the ones to look out for.