Define “modern,” because there are in fact two modern Zelda games out right now, and a third one has been announced.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (remake of an old Gameboy title, retaining the overall style but using a completely new art style where everything resembles tiny figurines)
- An announced unnamed sequel to Breath of the Wild.
You mean knock offs? Something that copies the general ideas or formula? There’s:
- Oceanhorn. Originally for iPhone, it’s a bit too much of a knockoff and overall isn’t bad, but pales when compared even to last generation’s Zelda games.
- Genshin Impact. Holy cow it feels like a clone of Breath of the Wild. It cops everything from the art style to the climbing, gliding, collecting and cooking mechanics.
- Immortals: Fenix Rising. Like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey had a baby with Breath of the Wild.
- Darksiders 3. Like someone thought it would be cool if a Zelda-like game had Dark Souls combat and a modern Apocalypse theme (as in imagery of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse). (As opposed to Darksiders 2, which is more like Zelda x Gears of War, or Darksiders 1 which is Zelda x God of War).
And then there are the loads of indie games that keep copping from older Zelda games.