Genshin Impact developer miHoYo has revealed the community events and rewards coming during the game\’s one-year anniversary. While it was initially only available on PlayStation 4, PC, and mobile, Genshin Impact came to PS5 in 2021 with plans for a Nintendo Switch release in the future.
After launching as a free-to-play action RPG in September of 2020, Genshin Impact became an overnight success. As the player base grew larger and larger, it rapidly evolved into a dedicated community full of character discussion, fan art, lore theories, and much more. However, fans have been sharply critical of the game and its developer in recent weeks; many were recently angered by Genshin Impact\’s announced first anniversary rewards. The one-year milestone is a week away and there\’s still plenty of contention surrounding the 10 Intertwined Fates gift, which some some argue is paltry for a one-year celebration. Although miHoYo hasn\’t addressed those complaints directly, it apparently has more anniversary rewards in store.
In a post on the official Genshin Impact website, miHoYo provided a preview of the community-specific events and rewards celebrating the game\’s anniversary. Rather than taking place in-game, the community events will be held across Genshin Impact\’s official social media channels. The \”Unforgettable Journey\” theater event will take place between September 28 and October 12, rewarding players with Primogems, Mora, Mystic Enhancement Ore, and Hero\’s Wit for watching their own experiences in Genshin Impact over the past year. The \”Message in Time\” event will also be happening between September 29 and October 7, during which players can create their own anniversary cards for a 10% chance to win a Blessing of the Welkin Moon or a 90% chance to win 100,000 Mora.
Time flies, a year has gone by, and Genshin Impact is about to turn one year old! Today, the Teyvat Hiking Association has brought you a rewards preview of the one year anniversary community events~
View the full notice here >>>https://t.co/pRE3UkfN6j#GenshinImpact pic.twitter.com/Lp9S6LumOn— Genshin Impact (@GenshinImpact) September 20, 2021
Other upcoming community anniversary events include a cosplay contest, a word puzzle challenge, a photography raffle and a giveaway for re-posting artwork. The rewards for these events range from Primogems and cash prizes to an iPhone 13 and a Razor gaming mouse. Some anniversary submission contests are already in progress, showcasing a lot of fan art like a pointillist portrait of Xiao from Genshin Impact.
These newly-announced events (and especially their rewards) have caused an even bigger uproar in the Genshin Impact community, as some players see them as a slap in the face. Many have accused miHoYo of using the game\’s anniversary as an excuse for advertisement, and others have pointed out that the amount of Primogems on offer isn\’t even enough for a single character pull. In light of the poor reception to miHoYo\’s handling of the in-game anniversary rewards, the developer may actually be making a bad situation worse.