Collei, the new bow-wielding Dendro character, is one of the first dendro characters which got released after the 3.0 update in Genshin Impact. Players can obtain her in the current ongoing event or the character event banner for Phase 1 in the 3.0 update. In this guide, we will discuss the complete Collei character, starting off with her playstyle, skills, and constellations in Genshin Impact.
Genshin Impact Collei: Playstyle and Skillset
|Supplicant’s Bowmanship||Normal attack|
|Normal attack||Perform up to 4 consecutive shots with a bow|
|Charged attack||Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased DMG. While aiming, Dendro energy will accumulate on the arrowhead. A fully charged arrow will deal Dendro DMG.|
|Plunging attack||Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE DMG upon impact.|
|Floral Brush||Elemental Skill|
|Throws a boomerang that deals dendro DMG twice, her elemental skill has no ICD so reactions can be triggered very often|
|Trump card Kittey||Throws a doll creating an AoE field around the opponents for 6s dealing dendro damage to the opponents, her elemental burst hits a total of 18 times although because of ICD only 2-3 dendro-based reactions can be triggered|
Collei’s Passive Talents
- Floral Sidewinder: If one of the party members has triggered Burning, Quicken, Aggravate, Spread, Bloom, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon reactions before the Floral Ring returns. It will grant the character the Sprout effect upon return, which will continuously deal Dendro DMG equivalent to 40% of Collie’s ATK to nearby opponents for 3s.
If another Sprout effect is triggered during its initial duration, the initial effect will be removed. DMG dealt by Sprout is considered Elemental Skill DMG.
- The Languid Wood: When a character within the Cuilein-Anbar Zone triggers Burning, Quicken, Aggravate, Spread, Bloom, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon reactions, the Zone’s duration will be increased by 1s. A single Trump-Card Kitty can be extended by up to 3 s.
- Gliding champion of Sumeru: Decreases gliding Stamina consumption for the party members by 20%. It is not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the exact same effects.
In this section of the guide, we will talk about the constellations of Collei in Genshin Impact.
|1||Deepwood Patrol||When in the party and not on the field, Collie’s Energy Recharge is increased by 20%.|
|2||Through Hill and Copse||The Passive Talent Floral Sidewinder is changed to this, where the Floral Ring will grant the character the Sprout effect from Floral Sidewinder upon return, dealing 40% of Collie’s ATK as Dendro DMG to nearby opponents for 3 s. From the moment of using Floral Brush to the moment when this instance of Sprout effect ends, if any of the party members triggers Burning, Quicken, Aggravate, Spread, Bloom, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon reactions, the Sprout effect will be extended by 3s. The Sprout effect can only be extended this way once. If another Sprout effect is triggered during its initial duration, the initial effect will be removed. Requires you to have unlocked the Floral Sidewinder Passive Talent.|
|3||Scent of Summer||Increases the Level of Floral Brush by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|4||Gift of the Woods||Using Trump-Card Kitty will increase all nearby characters’ Elemental Mastery by 60 for 12s (not including Collei herself).|
|5||All Embers||Increases the Level of Trump-Card Kitty by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|6||Forest of Falling Arrows||When the Floral Ring hits, it will create a miniature Cuilein-Anbar that will deal 200% of Collei’s ATK as Dendro DMG. Each Floral Brush can only create one such miniature Cuilein-Anbar.|
It is a bread with varied fillings, where the flat dough has risen to the oven reminding one of lovely pufferfish. The bread is usually cut in the middle into two separate pockets, hence, the name is set as Pita Pockets.
Artifact sets to farm for Collei
Before building an artifact set for Collei, players take a look at the information given below :
- Priority : Energy Recharge >Crit Rate (50%) > Elemental Mastery or Crit Damage
- Sands: Elemental mastery/energy recharge/ATK%
- Goblet: Collei makes the most out of her elemental burst, so players should obviously go for the Dendro DMG cup.
- Circlet: To get the damage output, players must always go for the Crit rate or Crit damage for the circlet.
- This is the best-in-slot artifact set for Collei. Since artifact sets like Veridescent Venerer can’t reduce the dendro RES of enemies using anemo.
- 2-piece set: Dendro DMG bonus +15%
- 4-piece set: After elemental skill or burst hit opponents, the target’s dendro Res will be decreased by 30% for 8s. This effect can be triggered even when the character is not on the field
- Another new artifact set is available from the same domain Spire of Solitary Enlightenment. This set is focused on building elemental mastery Collei builds.
- 2-piece set: Elemental mastery increased by 80
- 4-piece set: Elemental Reaction, as the character equips this, will obtain buffs, based on the Elemental Type of the other party members. ATK is increased by 14% for each party member whose Elemental Type is the same as the equipping character, and Elemental Mastery is increased by 50 for every party member with a different Elemental Type. Each of the aforementioned buffs will count up to 3 characters. This effect can be triggered once every 8 s. The character who equips it can still trigger its effects when not on the field.
- If players can’t get the new artifact set mentioned above, then they may use the good old Wanderer’s Troup set, as it is easily obtainable and can even be traded for other artifacts using the Artifacts Strongbox.
- 2-piece set: increase elemental mastery by 80
- 4-piece set: increases charge attack DMG by 35% if the character uses a catalyst or bow
Best builds for Collei
Collei’s Stirring kit is primarily geared as a support brawler, which can trigger dendro reactions. She can also be a Sub-DPS thanks to her elemental burst. Other than that, she is okay with just being a Support for dendro-based reactions.
Elemental burst > Elemental skill > Normal attack
Materials required for the Ascension of Collei
The materials needed to ascend Collei from level 1 to 90 are as follows:
|Ascension Level||Ascension Materials|
|1x||Nagadus emerald silver|
|9x||Nagadas emerald fragment|
|9x||Nagadus emerald chunk|
|46x||Majestic hooked beak|
|Experience||414x Hero’s wit, 13 Adventurer’s EXP, 22 wanderer’s advice and 1,672,000 Mora|
Talent Upgrade Materials
These are the materials required for leveling up skill talents.
|Level Target||Materials Required|
|3x||Teaching of Praxis|
|6x||Tears of calamitous god|
|21x||Guide to Praxis|
|38x||Philosophies of Praxis|
Best weapons for Collei
Players can go for Fading Twilight, Refinement Rank 3 or above Sacrificial bow, or the best in-slot F2P option for energy requirements, which is the Favonious Warbow.
Players can go for some options like Mouun’s Moon, Stringless, Prototype crescent, and refinement rank 3 or above the sacrificial bow. Her best in-slot damage weapon is the Polar star.
If crit rate weapons are what you’re looking for then: Veridescent Hunt, Hunter’s Path, and Skyward Harp are the best for some nice crit rate.
Best team buffs
The best-in-slot weapon for providing team buffs is the Elegy of the End with that nice energy recharge substat and passive players can get nice amounts of buffs for their teammates.
Best team compositions for Collei
Collei is a Support character, rather than a DPS. Therefore, it is preferable to say that she is a great support to the teams mentioned below, rather than to say that these teams are around her. Also, only Collei, Dendro Traveller, and Tighnari are the only dendro characters in the game currently.
Quicken team composition
- Main DPS: Tighnari
- Sub DPS: YaeMiko
- Support: Collei
- Healer: Kokomi
Burn team composition
- Main DPS: Tighnari
- Sub DPS: Klee, Xiangling, Thoma, Hu Tao
- Support: Collei
- Healer: Kokomi
F2P team composition
- Main DPS: Dendro Traveller
- Sub DPS: Lisa
- Support: Collei
- Healer: Barbara
That’s all for the Collei Character Guide in Genshin Impact.