While playing Genshin Impact, travelers will encounter seven Stone Slates as they travel across Tsurumi Island. Additionally, they can obtain two Luxurious Chests and complete the secret achievement “Seven Letters” as they use the Slates and solve complex puzzles. This guide will show you the Stone Slate locations in Genshin Impact and the steps for solving the puzzles and obtaining those precious rewards!
To complete this quest, you will require an item named “Peculiar Pinion gadget”. The Peculiar Pinion can be acquired from completing the Seirai Stormchasers quest and afterward, completing the Octave of Maushiro quest will convert the Peculiar Pinion into a gadget. Keep in note that the Octave of Maushiro quest will appear after completing the Particularly Particular Author quest.
Below marked are the locations of the Stone Slate. You are free to clear each location in any order.
Hit accordingly to get an Exquisite Chest containing 5000 Mora and a Stone Slate.
Location 6: Beside the Teleport Waypoint in Shirikoro Peak
The location of this puzzle is deep down below the peak, so you have to fly down to find the ever-so-familiar purple owl statues. Similar to the previous locations, activate your gadget near the owls to unravel the symbol pattern.
Hit the rocks with the above pattern accordingly to get an Exquisite Chest containing 5000 Mora and a Stone Slate.
Location 7: North of Shirikoro Peak
You will see a circular area upon reaching the spot with rocks scattered around and a purple owl statue in the middle. Using the gadget near the statue will activate rocks with their symbols. The nature of this puzzle is similar to the previous one: Rotate the rocks to their corresponding ground symbols.
Genshin Impact Stone Slate Locations and Puzzle Guide
Location 1: Top right region of Shirai Shrine
Upon reaching the location, look for a purple owl statue and activate your Peculiar Pinion gadget to reveal the hidden purple markers on the stones around you.
Look for other purple owl statues in the area and activate them using your Peculiar Pinion gadget.
Once all of them are activated, a cuboid will appear on the ground covered in a violet spectral aura. The cuboid has an activation dialogue that will show you a pattern order on the ground upon activation.
You need to hit the stones with the above signs in the exact order from the left to right. Doing so will reward you with an Exquisite Chest containing a Stone Slate.
Location 2: North of Moshiri Ceremonial Site (South of Location 1)
Upon reaching this spot, you will notice familiar owl statues there as well. However, all of the owls except one are inactive and don’t have the purple aura in them.
You will find an active owl statue, go near it and use the Peculiar Pinion gadget to reveal a hidden sign on the ground and reactivate the rest of the owl statues.
The hidden signs indicate the pattern of hitting the stones.
Afterward, hit the stones with the above symbols in the exact order from left to right. Upon doing so will reward you with another Exquisite Chest containing a Stone Slate and 5000 Mora.
Location 3: Slightly North of Wakukau Shoal
When you reach the spot, you’ll notice some Hilichurls and Samachurls on the puzzle spot. Clear them out and once again use the Peculiar Pinion gadget on the purple owl statue to activate the rocks and the symbols will appear.
However, to find the pattern of hitting the rocks, you need to fly down to a tiny section just below the platform you were initially standing on. There is another purple owl statue that reveals the pattern upon the activation of the Peculiar Pinion gadget.
Hit the rocks with the above pattern to reveal an Exquisite Chest containing 5000 Mora and a Stone Slate.
Location 4: Far West of Wakukau Shoal
First off, you will need to activate the rocks by using the Peculiar Pinion gadget near the purple owl statue. Next, you will notice some symbols on the ground as well as movable rocks with similar symbols in them. The objective of this puzzle is to bring the rocks of corresponding symbols beside the same symbol on the ground.
The rocks need to be moved and positioned, the following steps show the order of movement.
- Move rock 7 towards ground 3 and move rock 6 outwards.
- Move rock 1 inwards then towards ground 5.
- Move rock 7 towards ground 6, then move it outwards twice.
- Move rock 1 towards ground 6, then outwards.
- Move rock 5 outwards then, move the rock 3 inwards, followed by a movement towards the ground 7 and later 6 and finally towards ground 3 to match it.
- Move rock 5 inwards, towards ground 7, and then inwards, towards the owl statue.
- Move rock 1 all the way to the end, followed by rock 7.
- Move rock 6 towards ground 5, then towards ground 6 and finally outwards.
- Move the rock 7 towards the ground 5 then inwards. Afterwards, move the rock 5 outwards, then towards ground 5, later to ground 6.
- Move the rock 7 inwards and then to its corresponding symbol. Lastly, move the 5 and 6 inwards to complete the puzzle.
Location 5: Peak of Mt. Kanna
You will encounter yet another purple owl statue that will reveal 3 Seelies upon the activation of your Peculiar Pinion gadget. Follow them to discover Mysterious Stones. These Mysterious Stones are not found in the chests, rather they can be picked up or even dugout. Once you’re done collecting, place them on the Ishine Script to complete the passage. Doing so will cause the Seelies to reveal a pattern order on the stone wall and you will have to hit the rocks in the same manner.
Similarly, the rocks have to be placed adjacent to these ground symbols. The following steps will detail the order of rock movement:
- Move rock 2 towards ground 2 with the counterclockwise rotation for the rocks behind it. Then once that’s done, move the rock 7 towards ground 3.
- Move the rock 7 downwards, then move the rocks in a clockwise motion starting with rock 4 towards ground 3.
- Move rock 4 outwards and rock 3 inwards, towards its corresponding ground.
- Move the rock 7 outwards twice then rock 3 outwards once, followed by the inward movement of the rock 4 towards ground 3.
- Finally, move all the rocks in a counterclockwise direction starting with 2 to place all the rocks to their corresponding ground symbol.