Genshin Impact 2.1 update has introduced us to a new Hypostasis family member, known as Hydro Hypostasis. This new boss has many unique patterns that one needs to know, to defeat the boss. Made out of pure elemental energy, the Hydro Hypostasis is a being made of pure Hydro. It has the same cube shape as the other Hypostasis, but in a blue colouring to match its element. It is one of the five Hypostases, the other four being Aleph (the Electro Hypostasis), Beth (the Anemo Hypostasis), Daleth (the Cryo Hypostasis) and Gimel (the Geo Hypostasis). In this guide, we will gain knowledge about Hydro Hypostasis and how to beat it easily in Genshin Impact.
- Boss location
- Recommended party/Element
- Cryo DPS
- Pyro DPS
- Electro DPS
- Hydro Hypostasis: Attack patterns and abilities
- Hydro Hypostasis: Weak point
- Hydro Hypostasis: Rewards
To unlock the Hydro Hypostasis boss, one must first complete Chapter II: Act I of the Archon quest– the Immovable God and Eternal Euthymia. Once the Archon quest is completed, travelers will gain access to Watatsami Island in Inazuma. Travelers can then travel to the top-right landmass of Watatsumi, the Suigetsu Pool. There is a land bridge with an open archway that leads to the boss.
The Hydro Hypostasis boss is a Hydro element. In Genshin Impact Hydro element is vulnerable to Cryo, Pyro, and Electo type, i.e. element type DPS.
Hydro Hypostasis: Attack patterns and abilities
- Bubble Support: Draws in water and then jiggles around in a bubble before exploding into two smaller bubbles towards different directions which transform into slime-like ‘Water Droplets’ which can be destroyed, the darker blue droplet will head towards the player and explode, dealing Hydro DMG, while the lighter blue droplet will send healing dots towards the boss. You can intercept the healing dots to heal yourself and prevent them from healing the boss. If there is one droplet but not the other, it will only summon the other droplet.
- Twisting Vortex: Transforms into a twisting serpentine that spirals around vertically before diving into the ground dealing Hydro DMG, this attack causes bubbles to rise from the ground all around for a while after.
- Dolphin Dive: Dives into the ground before turning into a pod of dolphins, which leap towards the player in a curve trajectory, dealing Hydro DMG.
- Rainstorm Maelstrom: Transforms into a twister while summoning circles of deadly rain from the sky dealing Hydro DMG.
- Dive Warp: Dives into the ground to re-emerge in the middle of the arena.
- Dolphine Show: Creates a summoning circle and spins a ring of water around before covering itself in a bubble and then going vulnerable in the circle. While in this state it will cause dolphins to emerge from the ground all around dealing Hydro DMG.
- Wave Slam: Transforms into a ray and slaps the ground releasing bursts of water in a line ahead dealing Hydro DMG.
- Droplet Aid: When HP is low, dives into the ground to warp to the center of the arena and summon three large water Droplets. These will slowly head towards the boss. If the droplets are not defeated in time, they will touch the boss and heal it. Droplets that are defeated will not reappear the next time the boss uses this ability.
Hydro Hypostasis: Weak point
Damage can only be inflicted to the Hydro Hypostasis when the core is exposed. If the core is only being exposed for a limited time, a lot of the fight will be spent dodging attacks from the Hydro Hypostasis. Players must keep moving and utilize elemental reactions, thus securing the ability to defeat this boss fairly quickly.
Hydro Hypostasis: Rewards
After defeating the Hydro Hypostasis, the treasure collection cost is 40 Resin. One can use only normal resin, and cannot use condensed resin.
- Adventure EXP
- Companionship EXP
- Varunada Lazurite Sliver
- Varunada Lazurite Fragment
- Varunada Lazurite Chunk
- Varunada Lazurite Gemstone
- Dew of Repudiation
- Traveling Doctor
- The Exile
- Prayers for Destiny
- Gladiator’s Finale
- Wanderer’s Troupe