The Aeonblight Drake is a new automaton added to the boss archive of Genshin Impact in the version 3.1 update. In this article, we will discuss the location, how to defeat, and some team composition for the new boss.
How to find Aeonblight drake in Genshin Impact
- Go to the Teleport point near “Devantaka Mountain”.
- Go inside the cave behind the Teleport point.
- Follow up a bit, go left and then go straight forward after this and you’ll find the Aeonblight Drake boss arena.
Introducing the Aeonblight Drake in Genshin Impact
A ruin machine that can absorb energy and hurl it back as an attack, this machine has even greater abilities than Ruin Drake being able to attack from the ground as well as air. The Aeonblight Drake can periodically release a dangerous torrent of and increase its Elemental RES against the previous main type of Elemental DMG it has suffered in terms of its weaknesses the cores all over its body will be exposed under various circumstances.
Take such opportunities to attack the boss successfully, hitting the cores will immobilize and remove its Elemental RES boost. Whenever the boss recovers from the paralysis it will switch between aerial and ground attacks.
How to defeat the Aeonblight Drake in Genshin Impact
To defeat the boss, we first need to take a look at its attack patterns :
The boss has 5 unique attacks while on the ground:
- Tail Sweep: Easy to notice and dodge, just using the dash will do the job. This move is generally performed with a combo of 2 attacks followed by a tail sweep.
- Arm Punch: Does this when players are directly in front of it, to avoid using a dash or moving to the side. Its shoulders glow while performing this attack.
- Charge Attack (ground): This move is only executed when a player is far away from the boss, move to the side if you see the boss charging toward you.
- Elemental Rain: Creates a small AoE area near its surroundings and then showers the area with its Elemental attack. However, the attack has a slower casting time so it gives players enough time to get out of its reach.
The boss also has 3 Airborne attack patterns:
- Air gun: Performs an attack in the air shooting at the players. Run to the side or double dash to avoid DMG.
- Homing missiles: Shoots missiles at the players which home them for some time and then go in a straight line. These are easy to dodge when away from the boss.
- Charge Attack (air): Tail glows and the boss charges at the players with its tail, move or dash to the side to avoid
Note: To avoid the flying phase of the boss and waste time ground characters can’t hit while the boss is in the air. Use bow characters to hit its core near the shoulders and head to stun it for a short amount of time and keep it on ground
Best team compositions to defeat the Aeonblight Drake
Generally, any team composition is good for Aeonblight Drake as it’s not a big a challenge but still, players should keep in mind that they need a:
- Bow character: To keep the boss on the ground.
- Healer: To keep the team alive throughout the fight.
- Duel DPS: As Aeonblight Drake has special abilities to develop resistance to the previous main DPS element, players should have a 2nd character that deals a good amount of damage to the boss.
Aeonblight Drake Rewards
After defeating the Aeonblight Drake boss, players can collect their rewards from the lay line for 40 original resin.