Genshin Impact is an adventure RPG released by miHoyo in 2020. In a short period, the game has become one of the most successful adventures RPG titles ever to have been released. Hailing from Mondstadt, we have the adorable little troublemaker Klee whose hobby is making different sorts of explosives and worrying the Acting Grandmaster Jean. Klee is a 5* catalyst user in Genshin Impact. Despite her adorable looks, she can pack quite the destruction as she is one of the best DPS characters, meaning she is built for the front lines due to her massive firepower. In this guide, we will tell you everything about Klee in Genshin Impact and her talents, passive skills, best weapons, and artifacts along with the ascension materials required.
Klee: Playstyle and skill set of the character
|NAME / DESCRIPTION||TYPE|
|Throws things that go boom when they hit things! Perform up to 3 explosive attacks, dealing AoE Pyro DMG.|
|Consumes a certain amount of Stamina and deals Pyro DMG to enemies after a short casting time.|
|Gathering the power of Pyro, Klee plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all enemies in her path. Deals AoE Pyro DMG upon impact with the ground.|
|Jumpy Dumpty||Elemental Skill|
|Jumpy Dumpty is tons of boom-bang-fun! When thrown, Jumpy Dumpty bounces thrice, igniting and dealing AoE Pyro DMG with every bounce.
On the third bounce, the bomb splits into many mines. The mines will explode upon contact with enemies, or after a short period of time, dealing AoE Pyro DMG.
Starts with 2 charges.
|Sparks ‘n’ Splash||Elemental Burst|
|Klee’s Blazing Delight! For the duration of this ability, continuously summons Sparks ‘n’ Splash to attack nearby enemies, dealing AoE Pyro DMG.|
- Pounding Surprise – Unlocked at Ascension 1: When Jumpy Dumpty and Normal Attacks deal with DMG, Klee has a 50% chance to obtain an Explosive Spark. This Explosive Spark is consumed by the next Charged Attack, which costs no Stamina and deals 50% increased DMG.
- Sparkling Burst – Unlocked at Ascension 4: When a Charged Attack results in a CRIT, all party members gain 2 Elemental Energy.
- All Of My Treasures – Unlocked Automatically: Displays the location of nearby resources unique to Mondstadt on the mini-map.
|1||Chained Reactions||Attacks and Skills have a certain chance to summon a spark that bombards enemies, dealing DMG equal to 120% of Sparks ‘n’ Splash’s DMG.|
|2||Explosive Frags||Being hit by Jumpy Dumpty’s mines decreases enemy DEF by 23% for 10s.|
|3||Exquisite Compound||Increases the Level of Jumpy Dumpty by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|4||Sparkly Explosion||If Klee leaves the field during the duration of Sparks ‘n’ Splash, her departure triggers an explosion that deals 555% of her ATK as AoE Pyro DMG.|
|5||Nova Burst||Increase the Level of Sparks ‘n’ Splash by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|6||Blazing Delight||While under the effects of Sparks ‘n’ Splash, other members of the party will continuously regenerate Energy. When Sparks ‘n’ Splash is used, all party members will gain a 10% Pyro DMG Bonus for 25s.|
If your attacking strategy depends on using Klee’s charged attack very often, then C1 will prove beneficial to you. Klee’s charged attack exhausts her stamina gauge therefore having C1 will increase the chance of dealing heavy damage.
C4 will prove very useful if you use Klee for elemental reactions. Not only you can leave the enemy with a pyro status, but if Klee’s Burst “Sparks ‘n’ Splash” is active when you switch out, she will deal 555% AoE Pyro DMG.
Klee’s specialty. By way of apology for wantonly using her bombs to scare away the fish, Jean instructed Klee to make this toast for the fishermen. It’s filling and tasty. Klee will never starve again, even after a whole day of blast fishing.
Fish-Flavoured Toast is a special food item that the player has a chance to obtain by cooking Fisherman’s Toast with Klee. The recipe for Fisherman’s Toast is available from the start of the game. Fish-Flavoured Toast increases the party’s defense by 151 for 300 seconds. Like most foods, this has no effect on other players in Co-Op Mode.
Sets to farm for Klee in Genshin Impact
Klee is an excellent support character. She will increase the DMG of the party DPS and also she will give a huge amount of Elemental Mastery to all the party members.
|Artifact||Main stat||Sub Stat Priority|
|Flower||HP||ATK > ATK% > CRIT Rate > Crit DMG|
|Plume||ATK||CRIT Rate > Crit DMG > ATK%|
|Sands||ATK% / EM||Crit DMG ATK > EM > CRIT Rate > Crit DMG|
|Goblet||Pyro DMG Bonus / EM||ATK > ATK% > CRIT Rate > Crit DMG|
|Circlet||Crit Rate / Crit DMG||ATK > ATK% > EM|
Best Builds for the Character
Klee will always be Main or Sub DPS, her kit does not allow her to be a supporting character.
Main DPS Build
(1) For maximizing Pyro DMG and elemental reactions:
- Crimson Witch of Flames: 4pc
- Pyro DMG Bonus +15%.Increases Overloaded and Burning DMG by 40%. Increases Vaporize and Melt DMG by 15%.
- Using an Elemental Skill increases 2-Piece Set effects by 50% for 10s. Max 3 stacks.
(2) For optimal Pyro DMG and attack:
Gladiator’s Finale: 2pc & Crimson Witch of Flames: 2pc
- ATK +18%.
- Pyro DMG Bonus +15%.
Sub DPS Build
(3) For maximizing charged attacks and optimal Pyro DMG:
Wanderer’s Troupe: 4pc
- Increases Charged Attack DMG by 35%.
- Elemental Mastery boosted by 80. Thus, greater Pyro DMG.
- Talent Priority
For (1) & (2):
Prioritize Levelling up Jumpty Dumpty and Sparks ‘n’ Splash, with Kaboom! having secondary priority.
Prioritize leveling up Kaboom!
- Ascension Materials Required
Materials required for ascension of Klee
The materials needed to In this Genshin Impact Klee Guide, we will look at the materials required for the Ascension of Klee from level 1 to level 90.
|1x||Agnidus Agate Sliver|
|9x||Agnidus Agate Fragment|
|9x||Agnidus Agate Chunk|
|36x||Forbidden Curse Scroll|
|6x||Agnidus Agate Gemstone|
|Experience||414 Hero’s wit, 13 Adventurer’s XP, 22 Wanderers advice, and 1,672,000 Mora|
Talent Upgrade Materials for Klee
The following materials are required to level up 1 talent upto level 10.
|9x||Teachings of Freedom|
|63x||Guide to Freedom|
|114x||Philosophies of Freedom|
|93x||Forbidden Curse Scroll|
|18x||Ring of Boreas|
|3x||Crown of Insight|
Best weapons for Klee in Genshin Impact
5* Rarity: Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds
- Base Attack: 46
- Sub-stats: Crit Rate 7.2%
- Skill Effect: Increases Movement Speed by 10%. When in battle, gain an 8% Elemental DMG Bonus every 4s. Max 4 stacks. Lasts until the character falls or leaves combat.
4* Rarity: Solar Pearl
- Base Attack: 42
- Sub-stats: CRIT Rate 6.0%
- Skill Effect: Normal Attack hits increase Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst DMG by 20% for 6s. Likewise, Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst hits increase Normal Attack DMG by 20% for 6s.
- Base Attack: 42
- Sub-stats: CRIT DMG 12%
- Skill Effect: When a character takes the field, they will gain a random theme song for 10s. This can only occur once every 30s. Recitative: ATK has increased by 60%. Aria: Increases all Elemental DMG by 48%. Interlude: Elemental Mastery is increased by 240.
Best Team Comps
- Xingqiu: will act as the sub-DPS for Klee as his Burst stays in effect even after switching out.
- Sucrose: will for crowd control.
- Bennett: will be useful for healing as well as damage buff and a bonus attack buff due to Pyro Elemental resonance
Klee will be the main damage dealer.
Use all of the support abilities before bringing Klee to action. You can activate Xingqiu’s Burst to allow multiple Vaporize effects with Klee.
- Kaeya: will inflict Cryo DMG on the enemy which will put the melt status to reduce DEF of the enemy. Katya is obtained shortly after you encounter Amber and enter Monstadt
- Xiangling: will provide Burst support and as a bonus, Gouba lowers enemy Pyro resistance. Players above Adventure Rank 20 will have to complete Floor 3, Chamber 3 of the Spiral Abyss to obtain Xiangling
- Barbara: can heal and immediately switch out and her Burst provides huge healing as well. You will obtain Barbara after reaching Adventure Rank 18 and completing the quest: A Long Shot
Klee will be the main damage dealer in this set as well.