Raiden Shogun is a playable Electro character in Genshin Impact. She is the Electro archon hailing from Inazuma and is the vessel of Baal. Her real name is supposedly Ei, as during the 2.1 trailer Yae referred to her as Ei while talking to the traveler. In this guide, we will tell you everything about Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact and her talents, passive skills, best weapons, and artifacts along with the ascension materials required.
Raiden Shogun: Playstyle and skillset of the character
She is the leader of the Shogunate, also known as the Inazuma Bakufu. Raiden Shogun is a 5 Star Polearm wielding character. Her constellation is Imperatrix Umbrosa.
– Normal Attack: Perform Upto 5 successive strikes.
– Charged Attack: Consumes stamina to perform an upward dash.
– Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE Damage upon impact.
|– Transcendence: Baleful Omen
The Raiden Shogun unveils a shard of her Euthymia, dealing Electro DMG to nearby opponents, and granting nearby party members the Eye of Stormy Judgment.
– Eye of Stormy Judgement
When characters with this buff attack and deal damage to opponents, the Eye will unleash a coordinated attack, dealing AoE Electro DMG at the opponent’s position.
|– Secret Art: Musou Shinsetsu
Gathering truths unnumbered and wishes uncounted, the Raiden Shogun unleashes the Musou no Hitotachi and deals AoE Electro DMG, using Musou Isshin in combat for a certain duration afterward. The DMG dealt by Musou no Hitotachi and Musou Isshin’s attacks will be increased based on the number of Chakra Desiderata’s Resolve stacks consumed when this skill is used.
– Musou Ishin
While in this state, the Raiden Shogun will wield her Tachi in battle, while her Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks will be infused with Electro DMG, which cannot be overridden. When such attacks hit opponents, she will regenerate Energy for all nearby party members. Energy can be restored this way once every 1s, and this effect can be triggered 5 times throughout this skill’s duration. While in this state, the Raiden Shogun’s resistance to the interruption is increased, and she is immune to Electro-Charged reaction DMG.
– Chakra Desiderata
When nearby party members (excluding the Raiden Shogun herself) use their Elemental Bursts, the Raiden Shogun will build up Resolve stacks based on the Energy Cost of these Elemental Bursts. The maximum number of Resolve stacks is 60. The Resolve gained by Chakra Desiderata will be cleared 300s after the Raiden Shogun leaves the field.
Raiden Shogun’s Passive
- Wishes Unnumbered: For the first passive Baal gains 2 resolve stacks when nearby party members gain elemental orbs or particles. This effect occurs once every 3 seconds.
- Enlightened One: Every 0.1 energy above 100 Energy Recharge converts to :
– 0.6% greater energy restoration from Mosuo Ishin.
– 0.4% electro damage bonus.
- All-Preserver: Mora expended when ascending Swords and Polearms is decreased by 50%.
Sets to farm for Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact
The artifact combinations from the best to worst are as follows :
- 4 pc Emblem of Severed Fate
- 2 pc Emblem of Severed Fate + 2 pc Noblesse
- 2 pc Thundering Fury + 2 pc Noblesse
Undoubtedly the best artifact set for Raiden Shogun is the emblem of Severed Fate. Using the 4 piece has two bonuses- the first is from the 2 piece set which provides 20 percent energy recharge and the 4 piece increases elemental burst damage by 25% of energy recharge. Raiden Shogun is able to use these buffs in synergy with her passive talent “Enlightened One”.
The next best combination is the 2-piece emblem of Severed Fate and the 2-piece Noblesse, as she does most of her damage with her elemental burst.
If players are able to obtain energy recharge from the artifact substats then 2 piece Thundering Fury paired with 2 pc Noblesse can also be a good fit for the Electro Archon.
Main Stat: Electro Damage Bonus, Crit Rate, Energy Recharge, Attack Percent.
One area of confusion players may have is what sands to use, energy recharge, or atk percent. This comes down to the substats the players have along with the team compositions. If players have an attack buffer like Bennet or Kujou Sara in the team, Energy Recharge will provide more value otherwise atk percent is a better choice. Also if players already have accumulated atk from substats, Energy Recharge should be preferred.
Substat Priority : Energy Recharge > Crit Rate,Crit Damage > Attack Percent > Elemental Mastery > HP,DEF.
For optimal results aim for Crit Rate to Crit Damage ratio of 1:2.
Materials required for the ascension of Raiden Shogun
The materials needed to ascend Raiden Shogun from level 1 to level 90 are as follows:
|1x||Vajrada Amethyst Sliver|
|3x||Vajrada Amethyst Fragment|
|6x||Vajrada Amethyst Fragment|
|9x||Vajrada Amethyst Chunk|
|6x||Vajrada Amethst Gemstone|
|168x||Amakumo Fruit (Will be available in Seirai island)|
|46x||Storm Beads (Will be available post 2.1 Update)|
Talent upgrade materials
|3x||Teachings of Light|
|21x||Guides to Light|
|38x||Philosophies of Light|
|6x||Unnamed Entity (This item has not yet been released and the name is also not known. Players will be able to get their hands after the update is released on September 1)|
|1x||Crown of Insight|
Teachings of Light, Guides to Light, and Philosophies of Light are obtainable from the domain Violet Court on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Best Weapons for Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact
- Raiden Shogun’s best in-slot weapon is her signature weapon Engulfing Lightning followed by Primordial Jade Spear and Skyward Spine.
- For the 4 stars, the best weapon will be The Catch which will be available for free in Patch 2.1.
- Favonius Lance provides energy recharge and its passive is also a good fit for Raiden Shogun, making it also a good choice.
- Blackcliff Pole, available in Paimon’s Bargain, can also be a good weapon but its stack are hard to trigger.