The Lost Child is a new world quest that was added in the Sumeru update in Genshin Impact and is also the final quest in the Woodland Encounter: Aranyaka Quest series where you will need to save a child named Lotham who is trapped in the Withering Zone. On the Aranyaka Quest Line you will mainly assist Rana, a forest Watcher who is in charge of safekeeping of the forest, in her efforts to help the Vimara village. Here is a complete walkthrough that will help you in the completion of this world quest.
How to unlock The Lost Child World quest in Genshin Impact
You will need to clear both The Children Of Vimara Village and Into The Woods world quests first in order to unlock this quest. Follow the below guidelines to start and finish the quest- The Lost Child.
- After the end of the previous quest Into The Woods, you will unlock the new quest with a waypoint.
- Make your way to the cave opening, located on the South side of Vimara village. If you can’t find the cave on the overworld, head to Rana’s campsite from the previous quest and then make your way to the marked point, you should be able to see the spot from here.
- After entering the cave you should see a Blue Seele, get close to it and it will show you the path. You will also get confronted by Fatuis on the way, defeat them quickly, and continue on.
- In the inner cave, you will find Iotham sealed in a green-sphere-like structure which can be broken by purifying the Withering Zone.
How to purify the Withering Zone
Withering Zones are dangerous anomalies that kill every living organism in its surroundings. These zones will usually have three Withering Branches that corrupt the place with their ominous energy and attract various monsters that defend the corruption. In order to purify the zone, you will need to destroy them with the help of Dendrograna.
Summon a Dendrograna from a nearby Dendrogranum and use your charged attacks on the Withering Branches to destroy them. The best way is to use a Bow for this since you won’t get inflicted by more stacks of decay from the Dreadful Withering. Each Dendrogranum will give you three charges which can be replenished by doing the summoning once again. Defeat the summoned monsters and assist Rana in battle.
Rescuing Lotham and Rana from the cavern
Once you have rescued Lotham, head over to the upper level of the cave and make sure not to teleport outside. Return to the Vimara Village with the child and talk to Alphonso. Head back to the cave and look for Rana. Follow the clues to an opening outside the cave and then cross the river.
Move forward and you should be able to see Rana in a similar green structure that sealed Iotham in the cave. Head inside the wooden hut and meet the mysterious forest creature Arana, who will give you another quest to rescue Rana from the Withering.
Upon completing The Lost Child world quest, you will unlock the next quest series which is the Dream Nursery: Aranyaka Quest, which is the second part of the Aranyaka Main Quest Line. Once The Lost Child quest is concluded, you will begin with the next world quest The World of Aranara.
The Lost Child Quest Completion Rewards
Successfully completing the world quest will reward you with the following:
- Adventure Experience x 400
- Primogems x 50
- Mora x 40,000
- Hero’s Wit x 4
- Mystic Enhancement Ore x 4
That will be all in our Genshin Impact guide for The Lost Child world quest.