The Tales Behind the Fan World Quest was released during the Version 2.7 update of Genshin Impact on May 31, 2022. After returning from the chasm, Paimon and the traveller decided to take a stroll near Liyue Harbor, while walking on the streets they saw Zhongli converse with Iron tongue Tian, near the third-round knockout.
Genshin Impact The Tales Behind the Fan World Quest: How to unlock the quest
Players can unlock this world quest by completing the Interlude chapter: Act II – Perilous trial which includes five more quests:
- The unexpected guest
- Chasmic maze
- Danger all around
- End of the line
- At tunnel’s end, light
This has to be completed along with Zhongli’s second story quest, No Mere Stone.
Interlude Chapter 2 unlock requirements
- Adventure rank 28 or more
- Completion of A new star approaches and Where did the spritstone descend?
- Completion of:
- Raiden Shogun Story Quest Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter – Act 2
- Arataki Itto Story Quest Taurus Iracundus Chapter – Act 1
- Serenitea Pot World Quest A teapot to call home part 1.
Although, during the start of the Perilous trial event, starting from 31st of May, 2022 to the 20th of June, 2022. Therefore, players can skip the story quests by using Quick start.
Genshin Impact The Tales Behind the Fan World Quest: How to complete
- Teleport to Liyue harbor and head towards the third round knockout to start a cutscene. Players will see Zhongli speaking with Iron tongue Tian.
- There are no puzzles or battles involved in this world quest. It is purely an dialog-based quest.
Rewards and other issues
After completing the quest, players will be rewarded with a Serenitea Pot furnishing called A Dragon’s Wondrous Sight and can use it to hang it on the indoors of their main building.
Shortly after completing the quest, the item Archiac Stone, a quest reward from Zhongli’s story will abnormally dissappear from player’s inventory. It will be fixed in Version 2.8.