Genshin Impact version 2.1 update is going to launch on September 1, 2021. Genshin Impact is one of the most popular games all across the world. To all the travellers, Genshin Impact has recently announced the date of pre-installation to all PC, Android, and iOS. Genshin Impact 2.1 pre-installation feature will be available from 11.00 (UTC+8) or 7 am ET on August 30, 2021. Fans are eager to know how to install the update, and this guide will explain the Genshin Impact version 2.1 update pre-installation steps for both PC and Mobile.
Genshin Impact version 2.1 update pre-installation guide
Mobile Devices (iOS and Android)
There are two ways to pre-install the Genshin Impact 2.1 update on mobile devices.
iOS users should go to the App Store when the new version is available and press Update. The iOS users have only this method to pre-install this game 2.1 updates.
The Android users have three methods to complete this pre-install and the methods are:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Search Genshin Impact and tap on Update.
Note: Both methods prevent players from playing the game while the game resources are being pre-installed so before starting the pre-installation procedure, Travelers should complete any Domains or other challenges they want to complete first.
- Open Genshin Impact and wait for the final loading screen.
- Once the final loading screen is shown, at the bottom left of the loading screen there will be a cloud logo with a “Pre-Install Resource Package.”
- Click on the logo then Version 2.1 pre-install resource package will start to download.
- Launch Genshin Impact on the device and open the Paimon menu.
- Select the Setting tab and then tap the other tab.
- At the bottom of the other tab, there will be an option named pre-Install Resource Package
- Click the ‘pre-Install Now, button, and select the Confirm option to start downloading the file.
Pre-install Genshin Impact 2.1 on PC
- Open Genshin Impact launcher and update to a new version.
- At the left side of the ‘Launch’ option, there will be a “Game Pre- Installation” option.
- Click on the game pre-installation option and select Confirm to start the download.
Note: PC players can still play Genshin Impact while the game resources are being pre-installed. But pre- installation consumes a portion of the network’s bandwidth, so make sure you have a strong network connection before starting.
Once the pre-installation is complete, continue to play the current version of the Genshin Impact game until the new version is released on September 1.