While playing Genshin Impact, there are various things a player wishes for. One of which is, hoping that one day that people can put Xingqiu in both the spiral abyss teams at the same time. This describes perfectly how strong the boy hailing from Liyue is. In this guide, we will tell you everything about Xingqiu in Genshin Impact, discussing his talents, passive skills, best weapons, and artifacts along with the required ascension materials.
Xingqiu: Playstyle and skillset of the character
Xingqiu is a 4-star hydro sword-wielding character in Genshin Impact. When not in battle, he can be seen reading books. He is the second son of the Guild Manager of the Feiyun Commerce Guild, an influential group in Liyue. He is also a self-proclaimed practitioner of the Guhua Clan’s arts.
|NAME / DESCRIPTION||TYPE|
|Guhua Style||Normal Attack|
|Normal Attack: Perform up to 5 rapid strikes.
Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 2 rapid sword strikes.
Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
|Guhua Sword: Fatal Rainscreen||Elemental Skill|
|Xingqiu performs twin strikes with his sword, dealing Hydro DMG. At the same time, this ability creates the maximum number of Rain Swords, which will orbit your active character.
The Rain Swords have the following properties:
When a character takes DMG, the Rain Sword will shatter, reducing the amount of DMG taken. It increases the character’s resistance to interruption.
20% of Xingqiu’s Hydro DMG Bonus will be converted to additional DMG Reduction for the Rain Swords. The maximum amount of additional DMG Reduction that can be gained this way is 24%. The initial maximum number of Rain Swords is 3. Using this ability, one can apply the Wet status to the character.
|Guhua Sword: Raincutter||Elemental Burst|
|Initiate Rainbow Bladework and fight using an illusory sword rain, while creating the maximum number of Rain Swords.
Rainbow Bladework: Your active character’s Normal Attacks will trigger consecutive sword rain attacks, dealing Hydro DMG. Rain Swords will remain at the maximum number throughout the ability’s duration. These effects carry over to other characters.
When a Rain Sword is shattered or when its duration expires, it regenerates the current character’s HP based on 6% of Xingqiu’s Max HP.
Blades Amidst Raindrops
Xingqiu gains a 20% Hydro DMG Bonus.
Flash of Genius
When Xingqiu crafts Character Talent Materials, he has a 25% chance to refund a portion of the crafting materials used.
|1||The Scent Remained||Increases the maximum number of Rain Swords by 1.|
|2||Rainbow Upon the Azure Sky||Extends the duration of Guhua Sword: Raincutter by 3s.
Decreases the Hydro RES of opponents hit by sword rain attacks by 15% for 4s.
|3||Weaver of Verses||Increases the Level of Guhua Sword: Raincutter by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|4||Evilsoother||Throughout the duration of Guhua Sword: Raincutter, the DMG dealt by Guhua Sword: Fatal Rainscreen is increased by 50%.|
|5||Embrace of Rain||Increases the Level of Guhua Sword: Fatal Rainscreen by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.|
|6||Hence, Call Them My Own Verses||Activating 2 of Guhua Sword: Raincutter’s sword rain attacks greatly enhances the third sword rain attack. On being hit, the third sword rain attack also regenerates 3 Energy for Xingqiu.|
For Xingqiu, C2 is the most sought-after constellation as it increases his damage output while C6 is another constellation that is of immense value. This is since it increases his damage potential while alleviating his energy recharge woes a bit.
Xingqiu is available in Paimon’s Bargain every 6 months, as the shop repeats on a cycle. Buying his constellations for 34 Starglitter is a good buy. Although, it is important to understand that C0 Xingqiu is still among the best supports in the game and does not need constellations to be slotted into the team.
This dish’s almost artisan appearance makes one almost reluctant to tuck in. But once you get a taste, its fresh, light and lovely sweetness will make the dish hard to put down. Hang on a moment. Did he throw the carrots out, by any chance?
Sets to farm for Xingqiu in Genshin Impact
- 4 pc Emblem of Severed Fate : The Best in Slot artifact set, since it provides the much needed energy recharge from the 2 pc bonus. The 4 pc also gives additional elemental burst damage.
- 2 pc Heart of Depth, 2 pc Noblesse Oblige : The second-best set combination which is not much behind 4 pc Emblem. It performs at par if one is able to have constant uptime with the burst.
- 4 pc Noblesse Oblige : One character in a party setup is recommended to have 4 pc Noblesse. In case none of the other characters are not having 4 pc, then and only then, it is advisable to equip Xingqiu with 4 pc Noblesse.
|Artifact||Main stat||Sub Stat Priority|
|Flower||HP||Atk%>Energy Recharge>Crit Rate,Crit Damage>Elemental Mastery|
|Plume||Attack||Atk%>Energy Recharge>Crit Rate,Crit Damage>Elemental Mastery|
|Sands||Energy Recharge/ Atk%||Atk%>Energy Recharge>Crit Rate,Crit Damage>Elemental Mastery|
|Goblet||Hydro Damage Bonus||Atk%>Energy Recharge>Crit Rate,Crit Damage>Elemental Mastery|
|Circlet||Crit Rate/ Crit Damage||Atk%>Energy Recharge>Crit Rate,Crit Damage>Elemental Mastery|
Xingqiu is an energy-hungry character as his burst costs 80 energy. Therefore, it is advisable to require an energy recharge, ideally around 200. If one gets enough ER from sub stats and the weapons, then it is advisable to use Atk% sand, otherwise, energy recharge is recommended.
Best Builds for the Xingqiu in Genshin Impact
Xingqiu is best suited to be a Support/Sub-DPS character as his kit revolves around him being a reaction enabler. His damage is mainly from his elemental skill, elemental burst.
Elemental Burst > Elemental Skill > Normal Attack.
Ascension Materials required for Xingqiu
In this Genshin Impact Xingqiu guide, we will list down the materials needed to ascend Xingqiu from Level 1 to Level 90.
|1x||Varunada Lazurite Silver|
|9x||Varunada Lazurite Fragment|
|9x||Varunada Lazurite Chunk|
|6x||Varunada Lazurite Gemstone|
|Experience||414 Hero’s wit, 13 Adventurer’s XP, 22 Wanderers advice, and 1,672,000 Mora|
Talent Level Materials for Xingqiu
The following materials are required to level up Xingqiu from level 1 upto level 10.
|3x||Teachings of Gold|
|21x||Guide to Gold|
|38x||Philosophies of Gold|
|6x||Tail Of Boreas|
|1x||Crown of Insight|
In this guide, we’ll also discuss the best weapons for Xingqiu in Genshin Impact.
- Sacrificial Sword: This is the Best in Slot weapon for Xingqiu as it has a decent base attack, energy recharge and one of the best passives in the game. For efficient energy management, it is advised to cast the skill then burst and then skill again. At C4 it is better to cast the burst first and then use both the skills.
- Favonius Sword: This weapon has the same stats as the sacrificial sword except the passive ability. The passive ability is tied to crit rate and if your Xingqiu has a good amount of crit rate this weapon is a good weapon. What this weapon does better than Sacrificial is that whenever its passive is activated it generates neutral particles therefore taking care of energy recharge of the whole team.
- Festering Desire: The best f2p weapon with a higher base attack than Sacrificial and Favonius but a lower energy recharge. The passive grants Elemental skill crit rate and damage stats.
- Skyward Blade: The only reason this weapon is viable is because of its energy recharge secondary stat and high base attack. The passive is way worse than Sacrificial and even Favonius making it only usable if you don’t have access to the other two weapons.
- Skyrider Sword: The best f2p weapon for those players who started playing after patch 1.2 since they won’t have access to Festering Desire.
Best Team Comps for Xingqiu
- Xingqiu synergizes well with a lot of characters. He is best paired with Pyro DPS to trigger vaporize and with cryo DPS in the Perma-freeze team as he has one of the highest and fastest hydro applications in the game.
- He is also a great partner for Childe at C2 due to his newly-gained ability to shred hydro resistance.
- His potential is not only limited to teams that are built around high damaging main DPS, he fits exceptionally well in quick swap teams. An example of this is the highly reputed national team ( Xiangling, Bennett, Xingqiu, Chongqyun/Raiden/Sucrose) that was popularized by the Chinese Genshin community.